Sunday, November 9, 2014

My creamer tastes like a wax candle

Yeah.  You know, when you go to the dollar store and smell all the candles and the vanilla ones always have this thick, stale wax smell?  Okay, that smell in the back of your throat while drinking International Delight Hazelnut in your coffee.  My loving husband brought it home for me, so of course I love it anyway...Love it so much I gave it away....But the original love was all for him and his thoughtfulness.

As for life, a lot has happened since I last updated.  A considerable time indeed.  I am busy with schooling the kids.  Emmalyne, who I have had a very hard time getting fine motor and basic writing even started, to the point that I went seeking advice from the other HS moms in the area, surprised me with the fact that she is left handed.  Since I had been teaching her right handed, you can about imagine my frustration.  Now that the correct hand is in control, we have liftoff Houstoun. CUrrently, her favorite exercise is taking her block crayons and drawing while I read her stories.  Since starting this exercise, she has learned how to pay attention to the story line and able to comprehend the order of things through her drawing.  The block crayons are brilliant for teaching shade, depth, and color coordination AND easier to control with her newfound fine motor skills.

Yaya has been learning piano and for christmas, I have a used violin with a newly strung bow for under the tree.  Her piano teacher also teaches cello, violin and harp.  It may be next christmas before I manage to find a reasonable harp...All in all, between the violin and the ice skates, she is going to be thrilled with christmas.

Lucas, in his spare time, has been running his own server in Minecraft.  I'm pretty impressed with his tech abilities, which really seemed to blossom after taking the game design elective last year.  Of course, he found out he can make a tiny bit of money running his own server.  His goal has been set.

Dean has moved into his new apartment nearby with his girl.  The rest is reasonable enough that if anything should happen to the two of them and they break up, he can keep the apartment without too much financial strain.  Next weekend, we are invited to dinner at his new place.  I'm pretty psyched.

As for me, I am making winter hats for the shop.  I still have my upcycled stuff going still, but I added crochet hats for the season and have been working on those.  So far, the top hats seem to be pretty popular.  Oh there's another blog I have been neglecting.

This morning it snowed!  Emmalyne looked outside and said it was "magical" and it was all "like a dream" to which I promptly formed a big wet snowball and threw it at her in an attempt to wake her up.  Soon enough, the war started and there was muddy snow everywhere.  Not really that dreamlike after all of that, but fun.

Work is in and I need to type.  Hopefully I can start keeping this thing up again.  You would think with so much time in between posts, I would be full of great information...I guess I can only come up with good stuff when I type out spur-of-the-moment stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment