Saturday, April 5, 2014

House

We went to look at the house.  I was so disappointed.  Tons more damage than what I had originally expected and its way smaller than was portrayed on the web tour.  Still fixable, though there may be an issue in the basement that could give me some negotiating power.  Other than that, we can work through all the other issues by simply removing the roof, gutting it and adding a level.  I just really hope it all can be done before next winter.  I don't want to spend another year in town.  We will have a contractor come and inspect the house and the damage this next week and have him write up a work order.

In other news, the property is epic.  We can lease the wooded land to the disabled hunters association during the seasons and I will still have plenty of acreage for my chickens and food farm.  This week we will put in an offer.  EEEK! I am so excited.  So many things I can do with this property and so many people I can help and feed and teach self sufficiency.   My dreams are coming true when I never thought they would.  I am so thankful and incredibly blessed.

Rebecca has been addicted to making rubber band bracelets.  Since she has been doing such a nice job trying different weaves and experimenting with her own designs, I purchased her some silver enameled connectors to add to her jewelry.  She has been having fun, I think.  If you are interested in trying this little project out, you can buy all kinds of bands way cheaper than in the brick and mortar stores, on the Nomorack.com site.  I buy a lot from there and can really snag up some good deals, especially when you shop during the no-shipping hours. I saw today that they now have a scented band kit.  When she runs out again, that may be our next trial.  Remember friendship bracelets when we were kids?  How many thousands of skeins of embroidery floss did you go through?  LOL, this is just like those days.  Super fun.  Here is one of her first bracelets she made with a connector:


It even glows in the dark.  
Now shes working on headbands and she made a dog collar for Noodle and, her BFF and her made a jump rope.  The jump rope is cool, but because its made with rubber bands, you can imagine how much it stretches as its being swung around.  I have to admit though, the glowy bands look really cool being jumped in the dark. 

Well, I suppose I had better get to work editing medical reports.  I have a busy week this week.  I hope I have great news soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment