Saturday, July 19, 2014

sunflowers and bread pudding

Alas, I did not win the weekly fabric contest for the rhino.  Interestingly enough, these being weekly contests, I get to try again!  The next theme is Herb garden and open for votes on Wednesday.  Here is my pattern:

I chose Queen Anne's Lace as an alternative holistic herb...because I can't do something boring like dill weed.  That would be wrong.  Amiright!?  *High five.*
Also, because I love me some sunflowers, I had to play around with some sunflower patterns.  I get such a kick out of the kaleidoscope action:  


The second pattern are actually cut-and-sew postcards.  I really like fabric postcards and I like swapbot, so I fooled around with this idea thinking it would be a cool, quick, personal-ish fabric postcard idea.  I also did one with an old vintage Arsenic label: 


I love this one.  It's super versatile, so if you just want pieces of the pattern, you can cut them out.  I made a coffee sleeve (those little jackets you get around your cup at Starsuck? Yeah).  



Because.  Poison coffee is edgy and questionably AWESOME.  
Yes, the photos are dreamy and blurry.  I'm using my daughter's camera because...I still haven't charged the batteries in my camera!  I know!  *headdesk*
You can go look at my fabrics on Spoonflower here:
http://www.spoonflower.com/designs
My Spoonflower handle is eyeswideshut28

In other news, we finally got tires for the truck.  Granted, they were free, but they are better than bald, which is what we had.  These should last a while.  Also, my mother in law likes to go to the food pantry every week and since there are only 2 of them over there, they have been getting overwhelmed with foodstuffs.  She sent home tons of bread and organic milk with me this morning.  Since I just bought bread the other day, there is SO MUCH BREAD.  I'll freeze some, but I think its gonna be a good day for some bread pudding.  The kids will love it...  
This will be my project for the day.  I'll make sure to post a blurry picture because I guarantee I still won't have my batteries charged.  :)  





No comments:

Post a Comment