Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fire in the hills

This is the first time I have had pictures taken of me for a long time.  It's interesting to me, that even when I was almost 500 pounds, I wasn't aware of how "big" I was until I saw myself in pictures.  200 pounds later, I feel better, can fit into smaller clothes and deal with a lot of skin, but I guess I'm still  over 200 pounds and have a way to go before I git my goal.  Again, I look at these pictures and am surprised at how different I look from what I saw in the mirror that morning.  Still, I refuse to photoshop anything.  When I do hit goal, I want to see every skin flap, every stretch mark and every fat roll.  Hopefully these pictures will keep me on track later on and be a reminder as to how close to dying I really was.

So, that being said,
We had a blast at Fire in the hills.  I was always trying to be the indifferent punk as a youngster, shunning everything that was remotely uncool, like cowboys and country music.  As I've gotten older, I actually have a little country in my music list and daggone it.  This weekend I earned my cowboy name "Barefoot Dolly."  I had so much fun dressing in Victorian clothes and participating in the dutch oven cook off, shooting guns, banquet and just hanging out with some really awesome, nice and--hey, they dress up in their spare time and shoot guns---dare I say, quirky people.

Without furter ado, pictures :


The cow-folk milling about the western town/shooting area. 


My nieces are all sharp shooters and were in the competitions this weekend.
From left to right:  Leslie (Lucky Leslie), Shanon (Iron Butterfly), and Lauren (Wild Annie O.).  


Everyone gathered for how-not-to-lose-an-eye before shooting begins. 


Me, In jail.  


I had to laugh.  My mother and I were the only Obama supporters in the whole area.  The NRA guy set up his hate signs right next to the Hippie Liberals.  


Whoa.  My arms are saggy anymore.  And...I thought my boobs were perkier.  Go figure.  
DEFEAT OBAMA!!!!  lol...lol...


Mom and I getting ready to leave for Banquet in our "evening dress"


My sign was on the whore house (see the little brown sign?  
It says Unique Euphoria.  So, we were whores 
for the day.  Wooo mom!


Mom stuck with showing leg, while I struck a weird pose.  I think I'm modeling underwear here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment