Monday, June 18, 2012

hiatus

Oh my gosh have I been AWOL since my last post.  To those that stumbled over here (I have several blogs) from swapbot, I am so sorry to bum you all out.  So, let me recap:

Yes, my dad died the next day.  His lungs were severely damaged from years of sleep apnea (if you think you have it, PLEASE go get tested and use your CPAP)!  His heart was over stressed because of dad's weight and it had been damaged severely when he was 18, and again, years of untreated sleep apnea. He had contracted clostridium difficile from all the antibiotics they were giving him for pneumonia.  His lungs were full of blood from his nose and his body was just shutting down.  We made the decision to have him extubated and made comfortable.  Within about 5 hours he passed away.   He was 1 month to the day after his 68th birthday.  Very young, but when he crushed his heart when he was 18, the doctors told him he would not make it to 40.  With the excessive weight, congestive heart failure, leg amputation, diabetes, recurrent skin infections etc, etc.  God had a reason for keeping him here as long as he did. 

So, yesterday was my first fathers day without my dad.  We miss him so much.  His jokes and his crass humor is remembered daily.  Yesterday I asked my son what he wanted to drink with lunch and he said one of granpa's favorite lines: "A big cup of horse pee with the foam farted off!"  He was pure class people.  :)

My mom is doing okay.  she is dealing with her new found freedom pretty well and tomorrow is off to Colorado to see her sister for the first time in 30 years.  She has a crazy paisley mu-mu and some sparkly bird earrings all picked out for the plane ride tomorrow.

Me?  I've been making jewelry.  I know, something that I never do, but since discovering Tophatter auctions, jewelry seems to be the easiest thing to sell.  Its been fun though and I've been posting a few of the things I have been making over at my other blog http://uniqueeuphoria.blogspot.com/

I've been collecting nettles like mad and putting them in everything possible.  I had went through a stent of being sore and kind of lethargic. I did finally go to the doctor and they did take some blood. I was low on D and my inflammatory markers were high.  Not rheumatoid arthritis high, but high enough that I am eating nettles.  Of course they work.  Nettles are awesome.  I also bought 3 pounds of diatomaceous earth in an attempt to get rid of (again) the fleas.  It seems once you start frontline, you can never quit, even if you think you have those little bastards wiped  out.  So we poisoned again in the basement and around the garage and I have been sprinkling diatomaceous earth in and around the couch, under rugs, in the carpets, under sheets and in the kennels.  The dogs have gotten coated with it daily and it gets put in their food.   This stuff is pretty awesome and safe for consumption by pets and humans.  I can't wait to take some up to the cabin and give those carpenter ants what for.

Tonight Lucas and Rebecca took Emma with them to youth group.  Its so quiet.  man, that baby is going to SLEEP.  I can't wait to see her when she gets home, all sleepy and sleep-o-licious.  YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment