Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sew, sew, sew...NEEDLE! NEEDLE! NEEDLE!

Today was day 2 of training for work.  I LOVE the platform we get to work on.  Granted, this will take some learning.  there is a ton of stuff to remember, but all in all, I am really excited.  All the stuff I used to have to do manually, like find the names and addresses of all the doctors and all the doctors you have to carbon copy to, and the patient info and, and, and, EVERYTHING is automatic.  Just have to learn all the shortcuts. 

After I was done with my 5 reports (They only allow 5 a day until you are released from QA), I decided to unwind with some sewing.  I have a special going on my Etsy that if you buy something from my shop, I will send you a surprise gift worth $5.00 +.  I have a nice collection of stitch markers, reusable dish scrubbers, handmade dish cloths, amigurumi.  I thought a homeopathic hot/cold pack made with some chamomile I grew myself  would be a nice freebie, some feel better bubbles in various aromatherapy scents and a cup cover for hot or cold drinks. I'm trying to figure out a scented cup cover...something for fall that smells like cinnamon when wrapped around your hot drink.  I'm working on it.


I have some old fashioned day Lilys.  Not the hybrid ones that are yellow, red, pink etc.  I'm talking about the old fashioned orange ones that you see growing and spreading all over.  The blossoms are very edible and are very lettuce like.  You take the blossom and remove the stamen.  If you are careful, you can be left with a "bowl" that you can serve chicken salad in.  It makes a really dramatic presentation and tastes really good.  A tulip is also edible and makes for a smiler presentation.  FYI, I wouldn't advise eating the hybrid garden lilys simply because I don't know if they are different in flavor or if they have anything that is not edible about them.  I'm going with what I know, and I know the old fashioned tulip and day lilys are okay to eat and good.

1 Can chicken breast
A cup-ish of sheep sour
A handful-ish of chives-if there are blossoms, set them off to the side
mayo/sour cream/plain yogurt (whatever your thing is)

Chop up the sheep sour and chives.  Drain the chicken and put in a bowl with the veggies and condiment of your choice, and mix it together.  You can let it sit in the fridge to let the flavors mingle if you like. Serve it on a green salad with Lily blossoms and the chive blossoms or put it on wheat bread.  Stick one of the chive blossoms on the end of a toothpick and stab it in the top of your sandwich like the restraunts do the foil flag things-WILD FOIL FLAG THINGS! Ooooooo...I know, I have no pictures.  I was going to do pictures, but my camera is suddenly AWOL.  I am suddenly a crappy blogger.

Looooosssstttt!

2 comments:

  1. was here!

    robotgranny
    SB- blog me , baby swap.

    superstickylabels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had no idea daylilies were edible! I remember these growing all over when i was younger and have recently seen a lot near where I now live, I'll have to try this sometime. This is homekeepingheather from swap-bot.

    ReplyDelete