Saturday, July 31, 2010

Uh oh.

I am super easily irritated today.  Any talking, good or bad, irritates me.  My ankles are swollen like beach balls.  My wedding ring does not fit. I don't feel like it. I have 3 days by my calculations.  The memo is posted on the fridge.  HIDE UNTIL DAD GIVES THE ALL CLEAR.

My family loves me.  They have to.  I hate the Moon Time as much as they do.  So, Dean is working at grandpa's and Luke took all the kids outside to play all day.  Curt only communicated with me via the phone.  There is a brand new box of Midol in the medicine cabinet.

Noodle rolled in something today.  It was bad.  He also has a really noteworthy owie on his head, like a scrape, but big and deep.  One of Curt's customers said it looked like a raccoon wound...I can see that.
He got a bath and is air drying on the deck.

Emma ate 3 bites of supper tonight before she collapsed, naked and clutching a piece of faux fur from my closet, on my bed.  All that outside time I guess.

Yaya is emotional today.  Could she be an early bloomer or is it just a bad day?  She cried really hard over nothing really important.  Eventually she got over it, but it was odd for her.  She also researched what an inchworm turns into when it grows up all by herself.

Lucas kept to himself today making a sword out of a coat hanger.  It must be one of those really thin fencing swords.  Safety glasses are on my list of things to invest in ASAP.

My feet are hugely swollen.  I friggin hate this period crap.  I tried to keep it positive and rejoice in the monthly cleansing of the Womanly Wonder Cave of Fertility and Miraculousness.  Diving into and rejoicing being a woman and have that behold-look-what-I-can-do attitude, but the reality hits and my toes are little tight grapes on a couple of hard, numb watermelons at the end of two giant, puffy kielbasa supporting a bitch with fat fingers and a shitty attitude.  

3 comments:

  1. Okay . . . hands down the best description of Aunt Flo ever!

    Liked your post about Queen Anne's Lace. When I was little we had a whole lot full of it next to our house. My mother rec'd probably hundreds of "bouquets" over the years :)

    (rumblegirl from Swap-Bot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just be honest and say I was really confused while reading your post? Haha. I guess it reflects just how hectic your day was. I hope your life has gone uphill since then.

    ~mireillie from swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fantastic post - I loved it especially the last paragraph. I really needed that laugh too. (second time writing a comment, I forgot to human verify the first time before closing the window).

    ReplyDelete