Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Delete Has Been Utilized

Despite the fact that I told him I was still interested in how he was and what he was doing I did tell him I did not want him around where I could possibly trip over his really crappy attitude.  I came right out and asked for an apology, since obviously he was oblivious to the give and take of confrontation.  Instead I was deleted from his facebook.  What an ass.  This is one of those relatives that is too high maintenance to attempt any kind of purposeful relationship.  I'm done. 

My mom finally called the ambulance to come and get dad.  They took him to Barron, and then ended up transferring him to Rochester under the suspicion that there is an infection, but also possibly a blockage in which he is bleeding above and below.  They ended up sedating him for the ride to the cities and continued to keep him under so he would not fight them while they stabilized him.  It amazes me that he has been so close to death  so many times, but would rather lay in bed and puke to death and lose his mind to fever than to just go to the doctor at the onset of his symptoms.  He started not feeling well 5 days ago.  It may have been an easy fix, but his selfish fear of having to stay in the hospital or nursing home, having to follow the rules and take showers and do for himself scares him to tears.  It's so childish and infuriating.  That kind of fear and he still is not motivated to preserve himself in the least.  "I can't" is a huge part of his vocabulary. 

Despite the drama, I went to my meeting as I was supposed to.  Needless to say, I broke down.  I was having a crappy day, I did not have a sitter for the baby and was pulled aside and talked to for having her there, not to mention the fact that I drove in town and that always makes me crazy.  I despise driving anywhere-town just makes me scream. I needed some blow my head off time. 

When I got home, I walked over to the rabbit hutches.  Spellbunny has been biting a lot lately and I thought she might be bored, so I got some corn-flavored blocks of wood for chewing.  When I got to her cage there were babies scattered all over.  One was dead and the other six were all over the pen.  There was no evidence of an attempt at nesting, though all the babies were clean and the umbilical cords were gone, meaning she had them within the last 48 hours.  I was so upset.  The kids must have watered and fed her without looking at anything.  Those poor babies.  I picked up all six and held them in my hand while Curt picked up Spellbunny.  No wonder she was such a growler and biter the other day, she was probably in the beginning parts of labor and I had no idea she was even pregnant.  I am dripping with guilt here. We brought the little family in and I made a nest box for the babies out of a small basket, some fiberfill and grass.  Then I called my auntie, since Spell acted like the babies disgusted her and I was afraid that she was being a crappy mom.  My auntie bred bunnies, so she is the local expert.  She said to make the nest box and just put them together and leave them alone.  she will take care of them if she wants, if not there is nothing I can do.  NOTHING I CAN DO!?  I have some milk replacer on standby and am ready to get a bottle tomorrow morning just in case my babies are neglected!!!  I did take a peek into the nursery and saw that Spellbunny was in the nest-whether the babies were eating or not I could not tell, but the scenario is promising.  I will take a better look when I let Spell out to roam tomorrow.  One of the babies was crying out today.  I'm not sure if Spell stepped on him or scratched him or what, but he was crying out and my heart broke.  I'm gonna have me some bunnies.   Now, for the fun facts:  3 of them are going to be white and 3 will be brown.  I am not sure who dad is, since there was that stint that she was loose; however, that was more than 30 days ago which makes me think Yaya allowed Spell and Coco to get married.  What kind of bunnies?  I'm not sure.  Both Coco and Spell are supposed to be dwarf; however, my auntie told me that 2 dwarfs can make a double dwarf which will die.  The genes are not strong enough and they always die because they can't process food outside of the womb-might account for the single dead one? They may have 1 dwarf gene and be a dwarf, or no dwarf genes and be a standard run-of-the-mill bunny.  I have to say, I have seen a lot of wild baby bunnies and these bunnies are really big even compared to wild ones, though one of them has a huge head and little body like Coco...so cute.  Coco, you little rascal...

Lastly, that interview I had the other day that I thought was a bust turned out to be a job offer.  I think tomorrow will be my day to get acquainted. Pediatric acute care it sounds like--very little ESL.  I think that will do me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment