Thursday, February 13, 2014

New years resolution follow through 1

I actually did it.  Instead of just blowing my tax return on whatever, I took a large portion and invested it for my retirement.  I have seen both sides of my family struggle after retirements as well as friends over the age of 65 and I have decided, this will not be me.  I want to be able to just live my golden years doing what I want. Not to mention the fact that my house,  THE house I have often visited, smelled, peeked in the windows at and wondered who owns it while it has sat empty for the last 8 years is finally, FINALLY for sale.  Enough dilly dallying.  No more excuses.  It is now time to take action.  So, investments made...excited.  I want one of those overnight scenarios to happen, when I wake up and my stock is worth millions and I get to call up my investor and scream SELL!  SELL!  heh.

Today I made 3 headbands with bugs, sent off the free gift my 500th Facebook "like" earned by clicking that button on my fanpage,Worked on a giant 3-foot recycled wire parasol, and as soon as the kids finish their chores, I need to get downstairs and make lasagna.  I was also at Bargain Bills today and completely forgot to look for a basket for that wire hot air balloon I have at a standstill downstairs...I have rubber caps for the headbands coming (the headbands are wire and I thought the end caps would make them more comfortable), I have alligator clips on the way for more hair bugs, earring cards and necklace headers, various filigree and cabs on the way and tomorrow, I will be taking pictures while the sun is shining.  I love making stuff!  My website is bringing in almost a sale every other-ish day (as long as I post).  It seems that when I neglect G+, posting a listing on etsy, and facebook, I make no money.  Obviously, this is going to have to be a daily endeavor.

My sister's birthday is saturday.  The big 5-0.  She be trippin'.  I was over having coffee last week when she had just gotten her mail and was going through it while we visited.  an obvious birthday card was in the pile, from Luther Hospital.  Since she works as a coder for Luther, she was all excited that work thought of her on her special day.  The outside of the card had festive balloons with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY in bold letters.  The inside said:  "Happy birthday from all of us at Luther Middlefort!  Now that you are 50, it would be a good time to start thinking about your colon screening!"

Epic hilarity. Poor Nobster...

Well, work day tomorrow, which means today is my last chance to waste all my time on pinterest picking out my dream backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment