Friday, November 9, 2012

christmas

Ooo I am so exited.  All summer I have been saving and slowly buying Christmas gifts so that when December comes, I won't have to worry about anything.  It worked out so well and the best part is, most of the money I used I made from my crafts.  YESSSSS.

So last night I went into my hiding place to see what all I had so each kid gets at least 2 things.

Emma:  She got this mechanical kitten that meows and flails around when you tickle its belly and a littlest pet shop turtle guy with all the fixins.  She LOVES LPS and loves turtles, so its cute.

Lucas:  I got him these sunglasses with a spycam video recorder built in and a 6-in-1 solar building kit where you can build 6 different solar powered vehicles and a dog.

Rebecca has a small handheld camcorder and that's it.  It seems I was missing a gift.  so last night I went searching and found this gun thing with a satilite dish-ish thing on the front.  you point it at stuff and you can hear the sounds they are making really clearly.  It also records.  Cool huh?

Dean's is a bit more expensive, but maybe next week I will order his.  I found where I can get an android tablet for 60 bucks and I was going to get him a keyboard thing to go with it.

The great nephews get handheld mini microscopes they can stick in their pockets and look at leaves, bugs, tree bark  boogers...I also have a house of color special edition model truck that curt won at a trade show this summer I thought the boys would like to play with.

Since Christmas is all about the kids over here.  we don't really worry about adults all that much.  we usually knit socks, crochet mittens/hats/slippers/ and give cookies to the big peeps. I like that anyway.  I love getting new dishtowels and hot pads, mug bosses and crazy ugly slippers.  I think that's the best part.

OMG why did I never do this buy-ahead Christmas thing before?  I can't believe how not stressed out I am.  I want to decorate and enjoy stuff.  who knew the monetary strain was such a buzz kill?  I think the kids are going to have a nice Christmas, no toys for tots this year!  and I'm looking forward to it for the first time ever!  I guess this was my homesteading lesson for the day.  Spread out the burden and pay attention to sales and hide Christmas away throughout the year.  Its wonderful and much, MUCH better than worrying about it the last minute.   

No comments:

Post a Comment